Axiom IT’s cloud expertise leads to successful migration
The Social Research Centre, a leading Australian social science research community, had grown quickly and successfully since its formation in 2000. The on-site mail server it was using for management of email, contacts and calendaring, was aging and licensing was due for renewal.
“Our existing software was too cumbersome and labor-intensive to manage, wasn’t reliable enough, and didn’t offer the performance and multiplatform support we needed,” said Ivan Ocampo, IT manager at the SRC. “We needed to use a cloud platform, one that would allow us to grow and minimize management overhead.”
Ivan engaged Axiom IT to discuss the options and identify the best solution. Axiom staff spent time getting to know the SRC and understanding its needs. Detailed consideration led Axiom IT to recommend Microsoft Office 365 Exchange Online to provide enterprise-grade email, calendaring, and collaboration, and Axiom IT was contracted to manage the migration.
Axiom IT’s project manager and cloud engineer Long Tran dedicated himself to the project, providing support at every stage of the migration process. Long’s support included staff training in Office 365 and Exchange Online.
The SRC has found that Office 365, and particularly Exchange Online, is a robust solution supporting several key areas, including:
- Cost-cutting cloud strategy. The SRC has improved operational expenses with subscription pricing and cut costs by redeploying its IT employees and reducing on-premises software and server management.
- High reliability and usability. “With Office 365, we don’t get complaints about email and calendaring anymore. It just works,” says Ocampo.
- Mobile work force. Employees now easily access their email, contacts and calendaring services globally from PCs and Macs, multiplatform web browsers, and mobile devices.
The SRC continues to draw on Axiom IT expertise with Office 365, regularly seeking advice on how to get maximum value from the platform.
- Client: The Social Research Centre
- Industry: Research
- Network Users: 100+
- Need: Upgrade of email, contacts and calendaring software to cloud-based platform. Platform to be identified and migration managed.
- Solution(s): AxiomSHIFT – Office 365 Migration
Axiom’s experience, invaluable cloud knowledge, and readiness to assist through every step of the migration made the transition a fantastic and worry-free experience. Follow-up post-migration support has always been met with helpful and prompt responses. I recommend Axiom for all IT requirements.
Senior Network Engineer, The Social Research Centre
Categories: Office 365